Dr. Ann Marie Nguyen is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor (Doctor of Natural Medicine) and Acupuncturist. She graduated from UCLA with a Bachelors in Psychobiology, then attended Bastyr University where she was one of seven doctoral candidates that pursued a doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, a masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, as well as a certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine. She has worked around the globe with non-profit organizations in Kenya, as well as Traditional Chinese Medicine hospitals in Shanghai. More locally, she has worked with UCLA East West Medical Center, UCI Center for Integrative Medicine, as well as multiple community clinics in Seattle. Her medical practice aims to integrate Western Medicine with Eastern and Naturopathic disciplines. Dr. Nguyen continues to expand her clinical knowledge through American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Institute for Functional Medicine, Dr. Tan’s Balance Method, Dr. Tung’s Acupuncture, , and American College for Advancement in Medicine.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- General Medicine (colds, physicals, etc)
- Integrative and Functional Medicine
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine
- Gastrointestinal dysfunction (irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)
- Endocrine disorders (thyroid dysfunction, adrenal fatigue)
- Pain management
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Anxiety, depression, stress
- Women’s health (menstrual irregularities, menopause, etc)
- Detoxification and weight management
Dr. Nguyen’s philosophy centers around the concept that disease and illness often stem from the disruption of multiple aspects of an individual’s life, and in order to achieve health, you need to bring these imbalances back into harmony.She is committed to providing a safe, nurturing environment where patients can receive tools and information they need to tackle their health goals.
Dr. Nguyen currently works at multiples offices throughout Los Angeles. When she’s not practicing medicine, she is spending quality time with family and friends, exploring the world, eating something delicious, or being active.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Nguyen please contact our office by calling 310-553-8883.